|EN 繁 簡|
1. Policy and Purpose LCX Limited (“LCX”), the operator of LCX, endeavors to preserve the confidentiality of all information collected and obtained from the Mobile App of LCX, and always maintain our policy to pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
You are strongly recommended to read this statement carefully in order to understand our policy and practices with regard to the treatment of all personal information provided by you on the Mobile App. This Statement is applicable to all registered and unregistered users of the Mobile App and the provisions herein may be updated, revised, varied and amended when we deem necessary.
In the event that there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
2. Type of Personal Information Collected At the time of subscribing to become a member of LCX (“Member”), you may be asked to provide personal information. They include but not limited to
log-in name & password,
In order to have the benefit of and enjoy our various services and promotional materials, it is necessary for us to collect some personal particulars from you. You are not obliged to provide the personal information requested, but if you fail to do so as requested, we will not be able to render our services and provide promotional materials and other available information which may be of interest to you.
3. Purpose of Collecting Personal Information We may use your personal information so that we can provide the services and materials you have requested or may be interested. The purposes for the collection of personal information on the Mobile App include but not limited to:
(a) provide Members with information on LCX’s events, products, services and joint promotions between LCX and Business Partners., Products and services include but not limited to: exhibitions and events, consumer electronics, computers and peripherals, printed matter including books, newspapers subscriptions and magazine subscriptions, audio visual titles, computer software and games, mobile telephones and peripherals, toys, household goods, sporting equipment, fashion and apparel, watches and jewelry, suitcases and bags, food and consumables, beauty products and cosmetics, gift, flowers and hampers, health and beauty services, stationery; and vouchers, coupons and gift cards;
(b) contact the Members regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to Members’ use of the Mobile App and to respond to the Members’ request;
(c) handle and follow up service calls, enquiries and complaints;
(d) assist us with developments for future marketing purposes and/or events promotions;
(e) obtain statistics about our users to analyze Mobile App usage in order to help its further development; and
(f) verify identities of Members.
(N.B. If you are under the age of 13, we strongly recommend you to seek prior consent from your parents or guardian before registering as a Member.
4. Collection of personal information from users downloading the Mobile App without login. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from any Mobile App users if they have not logged in the Mobile App. When such users access the Mobile App, we record their visits only and do not collect their personal information. Our server software will also record the Domain Name Server address, part of their email address and track the pages they visit and store such information in “cookies”. This is done without users being aware that it is occurring. Generally, we use “cookies” to estimate our audience size, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Mobile App, track users’ progress and number of entries in our promotional activities and to measure users’ traffic patterns. Information collected by means of “cookies” will not be disclosed save and except for the circumstances listed out in paragraph 5 herein.
Once we have obtained user’s personal information, it will be maintained securely in our system. We shall retain users’ personal information for so long as he or she is a registered user of the Mobile App. Only our staff who have been duly authorized by us will be permitted to access such personal information, and we shall not release such personal information to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out in paragraph 5 herein.
5. Transfer and disclosure of personal information We agree to take all practicable steps to keep all your personal information confidential and/or undisclosed save and except under the following circumstances whereby the said information may be disclosed and/or transferred: (a) to our telecommunications network and mail service providers who have been duly authorized by us with strictest confidentiality to use the said information and/or data and who will facilitate our services;
(b) where we consider necessary to comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
(c) where we need to protect and defend our rights and property; or
(d) where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve our services provided to all the Members.
By subscribing as a Member, you are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized us to disclose and transfer your personal information under the circumstances stated above. Unless we have obtained your written consent, we will not transfer your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
6. Links to other websites In order to provide the Members with more information, the Mobile App may provide links to other websites. Personal information from the Members may be collected on these other websites when such Members visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when you decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Mobile App which grants you access to another website, the protection and the enforcement of your personal information which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
7. Data Security Protection of your personal information collected is our top priority. We will always strive to ensure that your personal information will be protected against unauthorized access. We have implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure your personal information. Upon registering as a Member, all information provided by you will be encrypted and transferred to our server or such other servers of third parties whom are duly authorized by us, and will be stored electronically with proper electronic password implementations. Such information are only accessible by authorized personnel of LCX and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of this Statement when accessing such personal information. Such personal information will also be provided to authorize telecommunication network and mail service providers who are under a duty of confidentiality. Please rest assured that your personal information will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected and personal information will be destroyed if they are not being used again.
8. Marketing and Promotions We may from time to time send to Members marketing and promotional materials and information regarding our products and services as mentioned in section 3(a) and (d) above using the personal information Members have provided to us. We will not so use Members’ personal information unless we have obtained their consent to do so. For Members who have agreed to the use of their personal information for direct marketing purposes and later change their mind, there are available options allowing Members to “opt-out” from receiving such marketing and promotional materials.
9. Access and Correction of Personal Information Under the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access and the correction of your personal information. If you wish to access or make corrections to your personal information, please send an email to our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a written request to the following address: Suite 812, 8/F, Tower 6, The Gateway, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
In the event that you wish to access or amend your personal information, we may request you to provide personal details in order to verify your identity. We endeavor to respond to your requests within 40 days of your request but we may charge for administrative fees reasonably incurred by us in order to process your requests.
10. Enquiries Should you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address: Suite 812, 8/F, Tower 6, The Gateway, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
11. This Statement has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.